Sunday, July 20, 2014

Beware: The Hungry Heart



As a heart-led person, I realize that I need to always be aware of the fullness level of my heart and make sure it doesn’t get too depleted. I have learned that when it does, I can make really bad heart-led decisions.

Of course, as a believer, I also need to make sure my spirit stays connected, full and healthy. When both my spirit and heart are filled, I find that it is much easier for me to follow the spirit, as I should.

I’ve learned, however, that when my heart is at too much of a deficit, it will over-rule my spirit to find fullness (in all the wrong places).

Here, then, are the things that fill my heart…


  • Spending time together
  • Enjoying conversation
  • Having someone lovingly play with my hair
  • Holding hands
  • Cuddling; tender touches
  • Thoughtfulness
  • Verbally being valued or appreciated; words of affirmation
  • Being listened to
  • Kissing
  • Laughing together
  • Playing games together
  • Doing jigsaw puzzles together
  • Being protected
  • Being remembered
  • Phone calls, texts and emails – just because
  • Listening to music together
  • Watching movies and TV together
  • Overhearing someone speak of me with sweetness, love or admiration
  • Knowing that someone believes in me

Yes, as you can probably tell... I am an absolute romantic, who loves love.

So, what fills your heart?


Constantly thinking…

No comments:

Post a Comment