Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Zombie Apocalypse




Isn’t it fascinating how you meet some people and it feels like you’ve known them all your life? Or how you can visit a place and it immediately feels like home? The connection is immediate and undeniable.

Actually, those are wake up calls. But I'll get to that in a moment.

When I experience that feeling of familiarity and connection, I believe that the place or the person is part of my ultimate life path. It may not be for right this moment, but it is inevitable that our lives, our paths, will intertwine. Or, it may be for only this moment, but it will have a lifelong impact.

Conversely, I’ve met people whose names I can’t remember to save my life. Not strangers, mind you. People I’ve worked with or gone to school with for years. I’ve lived in places where I’ve never felt connected. Each morning, I’ve awakened feeling like a visitor in someone else’s home or hometown. I’ve been in relationships and jobs that felt surreal. Whose life am I living? Who is this man?

I recall that my Aunt Trudie told me she didn’t really wake up and come alive until she was 30. Up until then, she was dead. (Her words, not mine.)

I didn’t completely understand it then, but I do now. Recently, I awakened. I’m older than 30, but I’m just glad it happened.

I’m looking around, however, and I see dead people. The Zombie Apocalypse is upon us. I’m wading through a sea of dead people who appear to be living. They are all around me – walking, working, even procreating. It’s actually a bit terrifying now that I’m awake.

I tried waking a few of them up, especially those close to me, but it didn’t work. It’s worse than The Matrix. You see, zombies eat or kill non-zombies. If they find out you’re alive, the zombies will attack you and try to destroy you.

If I make no sudden moves, I should be all right. I can blend in until I get to that safe place with other people who are truly alive. Perhaps together we can wake the dead.

I’m heading to the “safe zone” (my right place), to spend time with the right people (the living), at the right time (for the rest of my life, and beyond).

Until then, my journey will be a great, dangerous adventure.


Constantly Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment