Monday, January 4, 2010

2010: The Year of No Bullshit

Most of you who know me even a little bit, and all of you who know me well, know that I don't typically use profanity nor appreciate the use of profanity in my presence.

However, "BS" just doesn't fully express what I'm trying to convey in this case.

This year, 2010, I am declaring a bullshit-free year for me.

If you are the type of person who operates in it regularly, who spews it out of your mouth on a daily basis, we need to part ways right now. Perhaps next year I can have another helping of your BS. This year, I'm full of it. I have reached my tipping point.

How do I define BS?
- When people don't say what they mean. They talk around the issues. THAT'S BS!
- When people say things to manipulate you into doing whatever they want you to do - instead of just asking you outright. THAT'S BS!
- When people lie to you - right in your face - for whatever reason (personal gain, fear, to exalt themselves, etc.). THAT'S BS!
- When people give excuses for mistakes or intentionally wrong actions, rather than just saying, "My bad." THAT'S BS! I can deal with a "reason" when it begins with "my bad." However, an "excuse" with no accountability - BS.
- When you ask someone a Yes or No question, and they begin with "See..." or anything else that doesn't give you a definitive Yes or No - and then they have the nerve to finish their sentence(s) without ever having answered you. THAT'S BS!

I had a relative who would say, "You don't plan to stop at the store on your way home from work, do you?" Rather than just saying, "We need / I need something from the store. Can you pick it up for me?" THAT'S BS!

That's actually manipulative BS - which is the worst, stinkiest type of BS there is! And there are many, many stinky examples and putrid flavors of that type of BS!

So, if that describes you, then I say, "Happy New Year, Happy Birthday, Happy Easter, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas." I'll talk to you in 2011 - maybe. Perhaps I can digest another helping next year. This year, don't bother even calling me. This year, I can't take one more spoonful!

Because here's the thing, when you seriously get fed up with BS, you start to call it as you see it. And I am seriously fed up. If you come to me this year with some BS, I'm going to just tell you outright, "That's bullshit." And then I'll walk away, or hang up, or stop texting, whatever the case may be.

I'm not kidding.

3 comments:

  1. I know you are serious, but this is funny!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey its morgan G.
    your blogs are very intersting. I like the BS one haha. I clicked on all four of those choices for that one. I also like your Black women and men blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond that comes from the evil one." - Matthew 5:37

    I read this shortly after reading your post. How right on time!

    ReplyDelete