Friday, June 20, 2014

I Do, I Can, I Will


Imagine that every statement you made, every sentence you uttered, was a powerful declaration that would come true. Imagine that there was no "maybe" or "I think" or "I'll try" or "I hope."  There was only "I will" and "I won't."

Imagine that every thought you had about yourself immediately came true.

From the negative thoughts:

You'd think, "I feel fat" and you'd blow up the size of Humpty Dumpty.
You'd think, "I'm not that smart" and immediately you'd lose the ability to add or think straight.
You'd think, "I'm not good enough" and you wouldn't be.

To the positive thoughts:

You'd think, "I'm healthy with a fabulous body" and you'd be it and have it.
You'd think, "I've been gifted with talent and intelligence" and your talent and intellect would grow and strengthen.
You'd think, "I'm more than good enough. I WILL be an asset to that man or woman or company," and immediately they'd be calling with a proposal.

Here's the truth - our words and thoughts are exactly that powerful. We frame our world with our words. Everything that exists today began in the imagination with a thought. Everything we are is because of our thoughts. Our thoughts lead to our choices and behavior. Our choices and behavior lead to our circumstances.

What are you thinking about? What are you saying...about yourself, about your circumstances, about your potential, about your future, about your spouse, about your children?

You don't even have to answer. I can look at you and observe your actions and interactions and tell you what you're thinking and saying.

I recently changed my thinking. I self-adjust as often as necessary. I also listen to those who truly care and have my back, those who speak life into me. I'm fortunate enough to have a solid handful of those.

The moment I changed my thinking, my life changed. The moment. Immediately. Suddenly.

My thoughts changed, and then my attitude changed, and then my words changed, and then my actions changed, and then my circumstances changed. All for the better. It's a snowball effect.

Your life can change, too.

You don't have to believe me. That's your "choice." ...But what if I'm right?

P.S. I am right.

No comments:

Post a Comment