Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Love PTSD


I recently received an email from someone with the same name as my ex. Immediately my heart rate increased with terror, a feeling of dread hit my stomach, my breath caught in my throat. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?! LEAVE ME ALONE!" my mind screamed.

Then I realized it wasn't him. It was just a business colleague with the same name. My body and mind slowly returned to normal.

And then I got angry. Why the hell does even seeing his name still affect me like that? It's over! It has been for years! He wasn't it! What is wrong with me?!

I called my closest confidante and asked her to help me understand me.

She said, "It's because you're human. Wrong or not, you loved that man with every fiber of your being. It affects you because if it didn't you'd either be less than human or superhuman."

Love - its joy and its pain - reminds you faster and more regularly than anything that you're human.

Constantly Thinking...


Dang. I thought I WAS superhuman. Now what am I going to do with my capes?!


No comments:

Post a Comment