Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When I Grow Up...

How much of what you wanted to do or be when you grew up have you done?

I've done a lot.

I wanted to be a teacher. I was a teacher's assistant in a school for gifted children, and a school for emotionally and mentally challenged children. I also do a lot of professional teaching. And, of course, I teach through entertainment.

I wanted to be an actress. I've done enough acting. (Whew!) I quickly realized I'd rather be calling the shots behind the camera (directing), teaching acting skills, and writing quality scripts for the actors.

I wanted to travel the world. I'm not done yet, but I've been to five different countries outside of the U.S., and almost of the states.

I wanted to go to law school. Hmmm. Well, I worked for the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Not as a lawyer, of course, but I'm not done yet. There's still time, God willing.

I wanted to produce events. I've probably produced more events in my career than almost anything else.

I wanted to work with the rich and famous. I worked for Oprah. You don't get much richer or much more famous than that. I also wanted to meet Steven Spielberg (for personal admiration reasons). I did. And he was as wonderful as I thought he'd be.

I wanted to be a business owner. I am. No Weapon Productions, Inc. has been established since 2004.

I wanted to make movies. I have. My two first (award-winning) shorts have both gone to the Cannes Film Festival, and been screened around the country.

Most importantly, I wanted to be a good wife and mother. I actually wanted six kids initially, then narrowed it down to four, but was blessed with one absolutely wonderful angel. I love being his mom. And, although separated, I'm still a wife, and my husband said I was a good one. I have always been and will always be wife material.

I've done a lot. And I'm not done yet.

How much of what you wanted to do or be when you grew up have you done?

No comments:

Post a Comment