Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Third Worst Thing

The third worst thing I've ever done in my life (in my opinion) is to hose down a baby that was crying in a window of the house next door.

I was watering the grass and thought maybe a little squirt of water might help him quiet down.

It didn't.

Well, at first it did. He started laughing when he got a little wet. So I squirted him again. He laughed again. Another squirt, however, and it was all over.

I think maybe the water got in his nose.

His mother suddenly appeared at the window and I knew I was in big trouble.

My aunt grounded me for that one. Had my parents been there, I would've gotten the beat down (and deserved it!).

The first and second worst things I've ever done are much more serious - nothing I should put in writing.

What about you? Which "publishable" thing would you consider as one of the worst you've ever done?

1 comment:

  1. Remember when I was asked by my ex fiance if she was fat, and I replied "It's nothing a couple of hours on the stairmaster wouldn't help"?

    I honestly didn't know that was mean at the time, I was being an honest man. why ask if you didn't want the answer? Of course today I refer to that kind of question as a conversational landmine. I haven't repeated that mistake again though.

    ReplyDelete