Sunday, November 9, 2014

Make It Count! The Clock Is Ticking...


Last night, I saw what I thought was a fiery multi-car crash that completely closed down the west side of the 134 freeway in the Greater Los Angeles area. I burst into tears seeing the flames because all I could think was, "Those people were just on their way home, or going to the store, or heading wherever and SUDDENLY their life was derailed or, God forbid, cut short." I had just been on that side of the freeway as I headed to the store to run an errand. There but for the grace of God go I.

This morning I woke up to a text that a dear friend's brother had passed away suddenly from a heart attack at age 60.

This evening I learned that one of the most influential spiritual leaders in the world and his wife died in a plane crash - Dr. Myles Munroe and his wife Ruth.

We never know when our number is up. It's so important to live each day to the fullest, with purpose, showing love to your loved ones. We can't wait until tomorrow, because for some, it's not coming.
DeVon Franklin said it well, (paraphrasing) "Our life is a book being written by God. We never know if we're in the beginning, middle or end chapter."

We have to live each day with meaning. Forgive and ask for forgiveness, love and allow ourselves to be loved, find our purpose and fulfill it.

Most importantly, be confident about where you're going when you leave this life. It can be over in an instant. Make it count!

Constantly Thinking...and determined to constantly fulfill my purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment