Friday, March 4, 2016

No Regrets


I was talking to a friend recently about giving people the benefit of the doubt, especially our significant others.

When you're in a relationship, you both have to believe "we're the team." When anything challenging happens, you have to start from a place of "how was he/she trying to protect me or us?" If you start from the other direction, "I know he/she was trying to hurt or harm me!" then you have a much bigger issue.

I will admit, I am a very trusting person. I give people the benefit of the doubt, sometimes long after the doubt should be gone and there should be no benefit.

But you know what? I don't regret the trust I've given in the past, even when it was ill-placed.

I have absolutely no regrets about believing who people said they were, even when I found out later that they were lying. I don't regret erring on the side of giving people the benefit of the doubt. I don't regret my trusting heart.

Shame on them for being a cad or a faker.

I'm much more careful about who I share my heart with now but not because I've stopped trusting. I just have more wisdom and discernment.
Once I do hand over my heart, it loves and trusts with every fiber of its being...with no regrets!

Constantly Thinking...and trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment