Monday, February 10, 2014

2014 New Year's Resolution #1 - No Pearls to Pigs!


"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. (Matthew 7:6)

This scripture says to me that there truly are some dogs and some pigs that I need to avoid. People I shouldn't work for, men I shouldn't date, folks I don't need to be friends with.

I tend to be very open and giving, sometimes naively so. I have trustingly, yet foolishly, entered into some relationships with dogs - and given them what is sacred (my heart, mind and body). I've naively entered into business partnerships with swine - and given them my pearls (my gifts, talents and time).

Discernment is key. God gave me these gifts - gifts of love, talent, joy, intelligence, beauty, humor, compassion. He expects me to treat them as such - "gifts" - and use discernment when sharing them with or giving them to others.

I not only have a responsibility and an accountability to Him but to myself to use discernment. That's my primary area of growth this year.

My #1 New Year's Resolution: Use discernment before entering into a relationship (business or personal).

No comments:

Post a Comment