Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Getting Past the Butterfly Stage


Many people are under the mistaken impression that mutual love and affection either wanes or doesn't exist beyond the butterfly stage. That is absolutely untrue.

I have been in relationships for years - both with friends and romantic interests - where my affection, admiration and love for them is just as strong as it was when we first met. In some cases it's even stronger because I've had a chance to observe them as they handle challenging situations with wisdom, integrity and compassion.

The man who currently has my heart has demonstrated his strong character and integrity time and time again. My affection and admiration for him has already surpassed the butterfly stage. I've dealt with him at his best and at his worst. His character hasn't changed even in the most difficult of circumstances. Fortunately, the feelings are wonderfully mutual.

Butterfly feelings flit away. Butterflies enjoy the nectar then move on to the next flower. I've been involved with those men (and fair weather friends), as well. I've also probably been that butterfly myself, at times. Not anymore, though.

I'm attracting people with the kind of character you want to enjoy for a lifetime.

True love, admiration, and respect lasts forever.

Constantly Thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment